Friday, October 8, 2010

5 Question Friday!

Happy Friday, Y'all!!  Don't forget, if you decide to participate, copy and paste the questions to your own blog, and then link up to My Little Life!



1. What do you listen to while driving?

Hmm, this all depends on how long I'll be in the car, or where I'm going.  For example, if I am headed to my son's baseball game, then we listen to the Black Eyed Peas.  If I'm going on a long drive, say to Florida, then I load up the CD player with either some Kenny Chesney or music from the 70's.  If it's the morning, then I listen to the Bob & Sheri talk show.  They are hysterical, so I'd rather listen to them then music. 


2. What is your least favorite thing about Fall?

Fall is my favorite time of year!  What's not to love?  If I HAD to pick something, it would be waking up in the morning to chilly weather.  Don't get me wrong, I love the cooler temps {especially after a hot southern summer}, but I would prefer to ease into the chilly-ness.  Like after I've already put on my sweats!

3. What does your dream house look like, inside and out?

This is an easy one for me!!  I've actually already drawn my "dream home" on notebook paper.  One day, I will build it.  It's a 2 story home.  The master bedroom is on the main floor, along with a small living room, a dining room, a huge family room with a stacked stone fireplace, an equally large eat-in kitchen, walk-in pantry and laundry room.  Upstairs, there is 4 additional bedrooms and a playroom.  Of course, by the time I actually get to build this house, my kids probably won't live at home anymore and a house this big would not be necessary.  I'm building it anyway.  Oh, and there will be bathrooms.  And a maid!


4. Would you ever own a minivan?

Once upon a time, I said "NO WAY!"  I wanted to be the cool mom who drove anything but a minivan.  They were horribly ugly things when I was younger.  They have come a long way since then.  Now, I'm on my 3rd one.  There is no way around having one when you have 4 kids.  The room inside is great.  I've looked at other vehicles that all of us can fit in, and have come to the conclusion that if we want leg room, we should have at least one minivan.  Besides, each of my 4 kids can get a corner so there is no "S/he is touching me!"  or "S/he is on my side!"  A win/win all around.

5. Do you wash new clothes before wearing them?

Most of the time I do.  However, if I buy something and really want to wear it the next day and have already done the laundry, then I suck it up and wear it.  Except underwear.  That always gets washed first.  No exceptions.  I've seen an episode of House where kids were dropping like flies from some illness and it turned out that it was the dye in the new, unwashed clothes the kids were wearing.  I know, it's only a TV show, but I wonder if that could happen? 

5 comments:

Linda said...

I agree...Minivans are great! And lots of room for everybody and everything!

I don't watch House...but that is scary...It really is best to wash first but I don't always do it.

Your dream home sounds amazing! I hope you get it someday and will still be young and can enjoy it! (:>)

I love music...and listening to it makes me feel good! Like you, I like a variety...and I also like the Christian stations with the music and the preaching. My hubby likes those too, but he also likes oldies.

Hey, have a good 3 day weekend!

God Bless!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Kath' said...

I love your dream home that you have drawn out. I can picture it by what you wrote and it sounds lovely. Everyone playing in the large family room too. I love your choses in the music too. I love both of the people you had mentioned. It was nice to meet you. I would love for you to come to my blog and enter the contest I have going on for October. Kath' at www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.blogspot.com

Tara said...

Ok, so you have such a cute shop on Etsy! I run an advertising site based out of both St. Louis and Dallas that advertises for various companies to people worldwide. Dandy Giveaway is located at: www.dandygiveaway.com. Let me know if you would like info on being featured on Dandy Giveaway! We are currently scheduling for some special holiday weeks in November and I think that your shop would be perfect for this type of feature advertising. :) Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Tara Smith

Shawn said...

I love #5....I hang the new clothes right in the closet and cut the tags off as I wear them. Nothing beats cutting tags off of new clothes, especially when I buy something new to wear for vacations!

Love your blog, I'll be back {totally said with and Arnold accent..BTW}

Kannan said...

Washing before wearing is the ideal way.

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers